Sunday, August 29, 2010

Fourth of July

On the fourth, we celebrated by going to a live reenactment of the Civil War. Something happened to me that was very unexpected......I almost burst into tears. The emotion over-came me watching these men fight.
It felt very real and it provoked a lot of thought about how much sacrifice our fore-fathers went through to give us our freedoms we easily take for granted today.

Cosette didn't like the cannons being shot, I don't blame her - they were loud. Although, she shows no signs of distress. Isn't she the cutest.


These people who do these reenactments are very involved. They all come and set up there time-period tents and camp out for days. It is very impressive to watch.

The boys absolutely loved it!

1 comment:

Bastian Duo said...

What a great experience, I would love to see that sometime. As my family served in the wars.