Monday, September 27, 2010

September Events!


 First day of Kindergarten for Calvin! His teacher is Mrs. Martinson. He is liking school and enjoys his homework which is only once a week.


 Oliver is going to a preschool just down the street from where we live and it's called Noah's place. It's at a church and he attends three days a week.


He likes to ride his Superman bike there. Oliver loves school and has been waiting his turn to go since Calvin attended his preschool. Oliver wishes that he went everyday. It's awesome living so close to everything and having the option to walk or ride bikes.




The boys got their faces painted at a school event. Calvin is a snow leopard and Oliver is a white tiger.


In character

He looks like he could eat me!:)


This is at a park very close to our house, it's so beautiful. It's not very big, but it has little trails to ride your through the trees.


I can beach cruise through the forest right? Why not?


Calvin, despite his health woes, is surprising us everyday. He started playing soccer and his first game he scored three goals! He really doesn't have much skill at all, but he is aggressive and gets after it. Every game he averages one goal. My little boy is not so little anymore.

3 comments:

Whitings said...

I can't believe that Calvin has started school. Did you cry? That is a big day for a mom!!!!

MACYS said...

Yes! I forgot to add the emotion to it because I wasn't the one dropping him off at school. My eyes were wet when I said good bye to him at the door. I was thinking, what did I do with all that time when he was home with me. Was it enough? Did I prepare him for this day? Almost like he was a teenager being sent out into the world on his own for the first time. So glad he is only six and I still have time! God help me to preserve it!

Moore Family said...

Great face painting! It is so nice that you live in OR and have all the green space so close. I always think kids are happier with wide open spaces, hiking trails and forests. It makes for a richer childhood.

Makes me happy to see Calvin out playing soccer. It's great that his health is not slowing him down--good job for letting play.