Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Berry Picking

The day after Grandpa arrived Christi had a mommy's group trip planned. They went berry picking up at a farm in Auburn. Its a pretty cool place where you need a reservation as the farm owners limit the number of people so that it never feels crowded. The berry of the season is the black berry and the kids loved it! They fill their baskets and eat berries all the while.
One cool thing is that they have thorn less berry bushes.


Oliver did a good job at filling his basket up and then he found a good place to sit and eat what he had collected.

Oh yeah, Grandpa kinda got accidentally tricked into going with the mommy's group.


The family came back with over 10 lbs of black berries.

3 comments:

Jen B said...

I'm so jealous, oh how I miss berries, nothing grows here except bugs and well bigger bugs !:) I love the pic of Calvin hiding, a man after my own heart!

Bastian Duo said...

What a fun time. I am sure that all of the berries made for a slipper exit! I am sure that grandpa didn't complain, I am sure that he just loved being with those boys, who wouldn't right?? Will you be making jam????

Moore Family said...

Look like Heaven! Adorable pictures!