Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little of this....Little of that!


25 weeks here in this pic although this week I will be 29. We will take another pic at 30 weeks because I know you are all dying to see my belly bigger! j/k :) Pregnancy can be summed up in few ways for me. Fat in the face, cry at commercials and all Disney movies, chunky thighs, big butt, depressed with tears for no good reason some days and I don't think pregnant ladies look cute! Yes I am body obsessed! Can't help it, it's the Bastian vanity gene!
(Though I do think pregnant ladies are cute when they aren't me!)

Cousins together at the end of the Spaghetti Factory. Celebration for Oliver's 3rd birthday!


My big boy blowing out his monumental candles. We had J-P's sisters with their husbands and girls. Very unique weekend to all be together. Ilene and Morgan accompanied us as well.



Spaghetti Factory has history in the Macy family. I promise we eat there more than anywhere when it comes to outings or special occasions. Especially when J-P's family is in town. SO where else would we go with J-P's family for Oliver's birthday celebration?


4th of July! J-P was the designated pusher on the "slip n slide". However, the girl cousins didn't want his help.


Oliver and Calvin loved the free push over and over again Nice butt honey!

Claire and Mable liked watching Oliver sip up the water like it was a drinking fountain. They followed suit soon after.




They are watching Uncle Rick light "kiddie" fireworks. They are keeping their safe distance.


My little Picasso. Look at his arm, he looks like he has been painting for years!

This is serious work. This master piece could be worth millions one day!



Calvin always has the last laugh!
We have been battling fevers with him for the last several months. In the last two months it's been every two weeks! I am exacerbated to say the least and have zero faith in doctors. They are idiots that only want to prescribe antibiotics even when they don' t know what it is. I gave in and gave Calvin antibiotics and he took his last dose Sunday morning and that night, late he broke out into another fever! Since then, I demanded blood tests and a chest x-ray! The story is quite long, so I will spare all the details and just say that I have switched doctors. I do want to add that I have personally witnessed more profound improvements with Calvin's health when I turn to alternative medicine. The trick is trying to find the right balance between the two. The chest x-ray did reveal some "streaking" in his lungs. The doctor said it looks like bronchitis. I told the doctor that he is not coughing. "Oh well maybe it's acute phenomia, let's just watch it." Let's just watch it? I have been watching it and my son has been running hot!!! Why? Why do they act like it's not a big deal? Calvin is so skinny from being sick so much and quite frankly it has really been stressing me out. There is hope though. The fever broke on Friday last because I started giving him liquid echinacea that a friend at the Natural Food Store reccomended and since then voila! Calvin's fever broke within the hour I gave it to him. Just today his appetite increased! I am so bent and determined to break this cycle! No thanks to my pedatrician! If I sound anti-doctors, it's because I am on the verge. I 'm done venting now, thanks!

2 comments:

Bastian Duo said...

Christi you look great!!!! It looks like you all have been busy! Miss you tons.

Dierks Bentley is a country singer......he is really hot too!!!

Moore Family said...

As Rafiki the baboon said to Simba: "look harder" when he had him look at his image in the water.... You aren't seeing your shiny pretty hair, your skin tone that looks beautiful, your cheekbones that are to die for. You are a BEAUTIFUL mother-to-be!

Sorry Calvin was sooo sick. I agree you have to use the best of both worlds medical and homeopathic. Sounds like he almost had a version of the swine flu. Good job finding the echinacea.