Thursday, July 30, 2009

Love is Spoken Here.......


While driving home one evening from visiting our good friend Brent, J-P filled with joy after having a joyous time exclaims,
"I love you boys"
Calvin then responds: "I love you too Dad..........when I get home, I'm going to cut your arm off!"
J-P and I looked at each other and just started bustin' up! Then I started to wonder if our kid has some mental problems. I quickly dismissed that thought cause he's too young to truly have something like that show and realized STAR WARS! Darth Vader cut off Luke Skywalker's arm! Does that action, show love and affection between father and son? On the contrary, it's the primal archetype of the overbearing father and the son that just wants to be loved and accepted. Well I don't know why I am writing all this, cause that isn't the case here. On the contrary, we have an overbearing son and a father(and mother) who is trying to get a son to accept basic rules of life! One thing that rings true here, is that love is strong in this family unit regardless of unintentional threats. Maybe the moral of this little story is maybe Calvin watches to much STAR WARS! I promise it's only once a week if that, I'm a good little mama!

2 comments:

Jenn Mobbs said...

Too Cute! I am glad to hear that your children threaten you too. Boston tries to cut off my arms with his pirate sword.

Jen B said...

That was hilarious! It's good to know that my kids are normal, wait maybe that's what I say to my kids!:) I can't remember.