Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BABY COSETE IS HERE!!!!

The birthing story starts with this picture.....I was hours away from going to the hospital. Mom and I went for a walk Saturday afternoon the 3rd and my contractions started. It was only pre-labor, but it lasted all day. The contractions were 5-10 minutes apart and they were mild. At 9:00pm they stopped! J-P and I went for a walk trying to start it up again fearing it was false labor. I ran into my neighbor who suggested castor oil. Wanting to try anything at this point, I agreed and took two tablespoons. Put Mom to bed and sent Ilene Morgan home. Nothing was happening....... yet! I wake up at 3:00am having hard and fast contractions. I wake up J-P telling him my condition, he responds, "Let's time them." In his half-slumbered state he is writing down times that I checked later that were completely illegible. I convinced him it's time to go and he called Ilene and Morgan to come over and we rushed to the hospital. J-P ran red lights because my contractions are now 2 minutes apart. He pulls up to the curb and runs into the hospital to find a wheel-chair because I was struggling. I waddle slowly, painfully through the halls and J-P meets me without a wheel-chair.......he couldn't find one. We get checked in, gown my swollen-belly self and I feel her coming. Laying on the bed half coherent with mind-numbing pain I scream, "She's coming!!!!" I felt her start to descend, my water then gushes and in a lighting flash she was there! I had her so fast, the doctor wasn't even there, only the nurse and hubby were bed side. The nurse put Cosette on top of me and as you can tell from the picture I felt ultimate relief as well as triumph! I had done it! I had brought yet another member of our Macy family into the worldly safely! I have to add that as a woman I don't think anything can top having a baby, it's my prized joy!


Cosette Hope was born October 4th at 5:00 am she weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. To no surprise her length is in the 90 percentile. Long Mama, long baby.

The boys came later that morning to meet their baby sister.











Grandma couldn't take her eyes off of her. It was fun to have her there!


Cosette is a very good baby at this point and I pray that she stays this way. Sleeps and eats well and very content. I can tell her demeanor resembles my side of the family.......mellow.

7 comments:

Jenn Mobbs said...

I can't believe how much she looks like Calvin. She is so beautiful. I hope we get to meet her soon! How long did you say she is? I think she is as tall as Malia already...no surprise there.

Jenn Mobbs said...

I forgot to comment on her locks. I just want to touch them. I love soft new baby hair. I can't remember, did your boys have this much hair?

Moore Family said...

COGRATS! We are so happy for you! What a sweet baby girl!! Oh kiss her for me.

Christi you look radiant for just having a baby! And I love the picture of you guys with mom. You and Ilene look like twins with your bangs like that.

Bastian Duo said...

Congrats!! She is so sweet!! I can't wait to meet her. How is having a girl now? How is the adjustment to THREE kids treating you?

You look fantastic! Miss you all so much!

Bastian Duo said...

Wow!! That is quite the story.....glad that you made it! Way to go dad on the delivery!

Moore Family said...

Cosette is officially added to New Family Search today. Now I know you can sleep better knowing your genealogy is up to date. lol

Jen B said...

You are totally awesome!!!!!!! Of course you look beautiful even after just having a baby, lucky girl. Cosette is beautiful like her momma, wish I was there to hold a piece of heaven. I love you.:)