Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh Mother......where are you going? Part I



Mom came to visit for two weeks! I was a bit faint-hearted when she first arrived and was one hundred percent positive I wasn't going to survive her, but as you can see from of the pictures, she did bring some unexpected joy into our lives while she was visiting. The boys invited her to a picnic in the yard. She couldn't break for lunch, (she was clearing the ferns for winter) so they brought lunch to her! Ammon was looking for any left-overs.


















J-P was great with her, he doesn't have any expectations for her. He sat down with her almost every morning and went over the family tree. Asking everyone's name, grandchildren and all. Usually, she blanked out on Sid's, Ryan's and Dan's last name....go figure there? When asking about grandchildren she had no problems recalling Brendon or Gauge? She also recalled Jacob, but not by name, as the one who was the runner and whom she helped. Her cowboy grandchildren are Wyatt and Dallas. The pot stirrer is Lesile, but don't frett if your name wasn't mentioned. The mornings they went over the names, she was able to recall everyone with some prompting. No one was forgotten. I have to say though it's sad to see Mom like this. The old gray mare ain't what she use to be!

Calvin threw me some Kung Fu moves while I was snapping a photo of the mop and broom. Mom's best friends, besides Ammon, while she was stayed. We could eat off the floor it was so squeaky clean. You might say it was her daily constiutional, something I could rely on that she could do. There were many things she couldn't, more on that later.







Oliver is my cutie pie, but I took this picture to show you my rug. Note that it is upside down. Mom would shake it and return it to that position everytime. It still lies as it sits in the picture to remind me of her progressing condition. Upside down is different.

1 comment:

The Bastian's said...

I would expect a little more tact and respect when referring to our mother. I would be embarassed if Mom were to read this! Ryan