Wednesday, April 25, 2012

St. Croix 2012


Off we go to the happy sunny island of St. Croix!  Cosette thought she could hitch a ride on the back of Oliver's suit case. 


It was a great idea until Oliver couldn't pull her anymore.


In the Miami Airport, Cosette made a friend named Oscar who was from London town. I'm pretty sure she liked his accent.


Waiting for our plane to come in.



We made it and the next day we went to Hotel on the Cay. We were prepared to have lots of fun.


Looking out to the Christiansted Harbor


Our ferry ride to the Cay


The beach on the Cay


It was such a beautiful day in the sun



Waiting for our lunch on Crucian time




Why suck your own thumb or finger when you can have your siblings? I guess Calvin thought that's not apart of the rules when I say, "Calvin, stop sucking your thumb!"


This float is not only great for the water, but when it's out of the water, it makes for a fantastic seat to eat puffs on.



Mable swimming and making terrific strides.





Picnic on the patio....who needs grass?



On our way to Buck Island





Just after snorkeling with the boys for their first time through the reef at Buck Island. I was so surprised how brave they were.



At Buck Island. It was so nice and we had the whole beach to our selves. It was HEAVEN.
I saw a Sting Ray, and tons of fish.


Over where Rick and Kimberly were staying, we had a surprise visitor.


King of the Rock. The Iguana seemed like he was right at home.


Cosette loves the water. She has no fear....


Just look at her, she was inching her way around the pool.


And very independent and sassy.




We went for a sunset cruise and J-P was the Captain on duty.  He loved being able to sail, it is one of his most favorite things.


He had a lot of helpers.
























Nice Calvin!


Cosette is drawn to dogs, even ones with three legs.



Dinner at the pub over looking the night life.



We wanted to see the beer drinking pig, but this is all we got. A memorial of the first beer drinking pig who died.  Apparently, the day we wanted to see him was a holy day and one for the pig too? He wasn't taking any visitors.



Regrouped and decided to head to the beach. That's always a good plan.







I promise I am not gloating or showing off, I was just surprised I looked like this. My mirrors at home just show flabby after having babies. Sometimes it's good to see ourselves through others peoples eyes.


Sand Castles in the rising tide. This was at the West end of the island.



At the East end, we were all a little bewildered when we saw a dog out with a snorkeler. From what we can make out, the dog must hang-out on his back while the dude snorkels around. 


There is the dudes face, I caught it as he popped up for a moment. Sorry for my weird fascination.


The dog eventually left his owner in the water and went for a walk on the beach.  I know, these are the things that one should highlight on there vacation.:)









Good pirate face, Claire.




Our last dinner with everyone.



When did Cindy Crawford show up?



I need a real camera, all of my photos are blurry. Dang-it!



Easter was not traditional for us, but it was fun and the kids didn't know what to expect when they woke that Easter morn.


Who needs baskets when you can have sand buckets. It was more fitting for the territory.



It's Beard Rabbit and his lovely Bunny




Some one ate way-too much chocolate. Look at that face, she's in a candy daze.


I think Grandpa Big Beard has the cutest grandchildren.


Headed back to life and reality. It was such a great trip. I'm ready for the next one.










4 comments:

Bastian Duo said...

Wow!!! Seeing all of these pictures bring back some great memories. So glad that you had a fun time, it looks AMAZING!!!! Sure makes us miss you guys.

sierra4 said...

NOT FOR PUBLIC POSTING PLEASE...

I'm seeking to use one of your photos but I can find nowhere to contact you privately. Please contact me at sierra2999 at gmail.com
Thank you

Jumping Jenny said...

Looks like it was an amazing trip. I hate you in the bikini, while it made you feel good, I am now depressed lol!:) I love the sign for the Easter Bunny. - Jen, your favorite sister;)

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin