Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Calvins First Talk In Church

On Sunday Calvin gave his first talk in Church. He was asked to give a talk in Primary on Prayer. He was a tremendous success! He held a up a nice picture of a primary class praying while he spoke. With help from Mommy whispering in his ear the talk went like this:

My talk is on prayer. Prayer is very special. Prayer is how we talk with God. Prayer is very important in my family. When I pray, I bow my head, I fold my arms and I close my eyes. When I pray I ask for protection, I pray that my food will be healthy and strong, that I will choose the right and that one day I can make it back to Him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Calvin was shy before standing but clearly wanted to do so. Once at the pulpit, it took him only one sentence before he grabbed the mic with one hand and put his lips to it to complete the presentation. Mommy and Daddy were so proud, we both got a bit choked up and almost started to cry. We love our boys so much. We are so proud of them.



While Calvin spoke Oliver kept the party going in nursery.


1 comment:

The Bastian's said...

What beautiful boys! We are so proud of you Cal! It doesn't surprise me at all that he stepped up to the plate and took over, he's just like his parents. He'll be a great missionary!