Sunday, February 24, 2008

Forming J-P

This is what formed my little impressionable mind.
This is my Dad's car. Its a 1958 Corvette. It nearly got me killed at least once. It has a full hard top that Dad had leaned up against the side of the garage. Well I guess at the age of about 5 years old I managed to knock it over. It received a couple of scratches that you can still see to this day. Apparently my mother feared for my hide as she had me stay in my room when Dad got home from work that day. She broke the news to him but kept him from me for a period of time sufficient for him to not completely tear me apart.
My mother actually remembers going for groceries in this regularly. Some times in the snow. It has been a part of the family longer than the family itself.
Dad got this car when he was in college. He was the 3rd owner, it was only about 6-8 years old at the time. He paid $1000.00. It still sits in its original paint. My Dad has a tendency to get attached to things, too many things maybe. This is one thing I am thankful that he has clung to.
I LOVE THIS CAR!


For the guys: It was originally sold as a base model vette. It had the 283 but Dad (not thinking long term value) swapped in a 327 with dual quads, a four speed and rear axle out of a 62 vette.
She drives like a truck but actually has some pretty darn good giddy-up!



6 comments:

Jewels said...

In a word - glorious! What a sexy machine. Any chance my family can have our Christmas picture taken in it?

Bastian Duo said...

That is the coolest car. Especially when you see it in person.....the few that have seen it! (US!!) Love the new headline picture...did you steal the idea from our blog???? I just posted that to get a rise out of you!

MommyTof3 said...

Hi!!! Its me Tammy( Luke) Im so excited that you all have blogs!!!!
I cant wait to keep in touch {{HUGS}}

Baranie said...

Your family is too cute. I just feel caught up looking at your blog. Your boys are adorable. .

Jen B said...

Nice car! Love the pic with the whole family in it! To bad that we have seat belt laws!:)

Great pic on the bridge, do you ever take a bad pic?

Bastian Duo said...

Great new picture. Where is that at? Also, did you get your tooth fix??