Monday, November 15, 2010

My Ode to Ilene


This is for you Ilene!!! When I was pregnant with Calvin I gained nearly 40lbs. As you can see, a lot of that was all up front causing me a lot heart burn and discomfort. I was feeling for you when the days were nearing your due date and no relief was in sight. I know the fear and doubt that's coupled with the realization that the baby might not come on his own. Or you find yourself stuck thinking about,"How much bigger can I get?" This picture was taken a week before I delivered Calvin.  I was feeling for you and now I am elated that you are a mother now! Congrats! Rowen is beautiful! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! 

2 comments:

Bastian Duo said...

I can only hope that I look that great when I am due!

Whitings said...

That is amazing! Truly a miracle what we go through as women. Very nice tribute.