Monday, November 22, 2010

Wishing You a Old Fashioned Thanksgiving!!!


I have never had the gracious opportunity to prepare and cook a Thanksgiving feast, but one of these days, when I can host a proper Thanksgiving dinner, I will.


 I am in love with old fashioned pictures no matter what time of year it is. This Thanksgiving season I found myself looking at some images on-line and thought I would share some my favorites that inspire me to always mix the old with the new.




One year, when we were still living in California, we drove to Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with J-P's father and family. I had checked out a Thanksgiving book from the library 
to take with us, to get us in the spirit of the season. 
The version that we learned from the book that's stuck in my head reads like this:
"Over the river and through the woods to grandfathers's house we go!
The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh through the white and drifted snow.
Over the river and through the wood to Grandfather's house away.
We will not stop for doll or top for it's Thanksgiving Day!"

J-P was the one who drove the sleigh(Suburban), and he didn't and doesn't like to stop for anything, he likes to keep on truckin'!










I love the holidays, but I get a bit nostalgic for my family and long to be in their presence this time of year.
May everyone who reads this, have a full thanksgiving of good food, hearty laughter, and the makings of good memories! Love to you all!

2 comments:

Whitings said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Every Thanksgiving I re-read all that the Pilgrims journey, can't help but feel gratitude.

Moore Family said...

I am a bit late reading this post but I loved the images...and I have always wondered what the words were after "the white and drifted snow." Count your blessings that you can just show up and eat (one of these years I want to do that!!) My wish is that we could all be together again at my place for Thanksgiving like we were in Plano.