Monday, January 17, 2011

This and that and a little bit of Christmas......still!


 The Thompsons and us went 80s dancing and it was a blast! It was a Christmas present from them. They organized the whole night. They found a babysitter for us, made dinner reservations and even got us a hotel room! They always do way too much, but I'm not complaining, we had so much fun!!!!
 I have pictures of me in the seventh grade with hair that looks just like this.



 We took a train from the restaurant down to the Crystal Ballroom where all the fun began.


 Well..... the party started here


and here. 





**********



I am warning you now, this post is very disorganized, sorry!



 I went in to check on Cosette because she had been down for a couple of hours and this it what I 
found.......


 Apparently this position doesn't seem to bother her?


 Isn't that what there there for? Leg slots, right?





*******************






 Oliver was one of the Three Kings at his preschool nativity scene


 Oliver isn't the get up on the stage type I am realizing more, however, he played a majestic king quite convincingly.





Oliver's debut as a wise king! 




**********************














 As tradition has it in the Macy family, Christmas Eve is dedicated to the Polish lineage that runs strongly on J-P's mother's side. J-P's grandparents are 100% polish. I couldn't think of a better way to spend Christmas Eve than eating Borscht, Perroggi, and Kristticki which is pictured above. J-P takes great pride and wanted to cook everything himself. It was a lovely dinner and it was the Thompson's first Polish Christmas Eve dinner. I know it all sounds strange, and it took me awhile to warm up to these strange dishes, but it was a great feast. Tanya brought her Cornish Game Hens and it was a nice addition to the traditional food. We had so many yummy things to eat.



 



 Cosette wanting to sit at the adult table.



 Christmas morning! Calvin woke up at 3 am screaming that Santa came! We heard him say,"Santa is real! I love you Santa!"


 The kids got spoiled


 Coco's first baby doll, she was so happy that she.....


 kissed it!


 But after that first kiss, she was undecided for a moment.



 I got her a tu-tu for Christmas, I wish I could wear one and have no-one look twice!:)


Zita gave Cosette this cute dress she picked up in Europe when she was there. She also gave her pink boots that are Ugg style. I love having a girl! It's so fun.

4 comments:

The Comptons said...

miss, miss, miss you guys! I feel like your kids are growing so fast they won't even remember me anymore. The boys will only remeber Morgan :) Cosette looks so cute in her tutu.

Bastian Duo said...

What is Kristticki? It looks like floured chicken wings...maybe a sweet treet? I want to have a Polish meal. I love Cosette's little chubby legs hanging out of the crib.

Jen B said...

We would have loved to go dancing with you. That's something I just don't get enough of, some good old eighty's dancing!

Moore Family said...

We did a flashback 80's prom once and loved it! You have always had great hair Christi-- your 80's hair was great then and the remake now just as fabulous!
And I love the talents of your little and big boys--the polish food (AMAZING) and 3rd king (TALENTED)! And I hear you-- I think a tutu a day keeps the doldrums away. We should be allowed that and a tiara w/o anyone thinking or looking twice at us. So we will wear them at our sister's retreat!