Monday, February 7, 2011

Sledding & Skiing with the Kelloggs


 We met up with the Kelloggs for a good time in the snow for New Years. The took us to a near by ski resort by the name of Sitzmark. You can see the lodge behind Athlyn and Lee, where we sipped on hot cocoa and ate German sausages. It felt like we were transported back to an old time. Look at the old barn behind us. To the left of the lodge is the ski rental shack. Everything was so charming and everyone was so nice.


 The boys took to the snow quite well considering it was only 15 degrees. Calvin and Oliver loved the snow so much they keep asking me if we can go back. They were able to have a private ski lesson, they're not skiing yet, but if we keep this up, they will get the hang of it......eventually.


My camera died the first day after sledding and I used a disposable for the skiing the next day, that I can't seem to find. So I don't have pictures of us skiing. Athlyn, me and J-P skied all afternoon and had so much fun! I haven't been skiing in about 10 years, but since J-P is so patient and a great teacher, he helped Athlyn and I enjoy the slopes. He took off on his own for one run, I'm sure he loved the break from babysitting us girls. Rachel and Joel tried out snowboarding, Lee stayed home with Rebecka and Cosette. We felt very fortunate to have that kind of opportunity to ski. The cost for J-P and I to ski, the lesson for the boys, our rentals and lift tickets, amounted to what one lift ticket would be in Tahoe! Sitzmark is definitely a hidden treasure.

3 comments:

Jenn Mobbs said...

Sounds like so much fun to go as a family. I had no idea that you were into skiing. Cool.

Bastian Duo said...

How fun!! Glad that you had a good time,love the price tag!

Moore Family said...

What a great trip with the Kelloggs! Glad you guys met up. Two super nice guys there-- Lee at home with the wee ones and J-P helping the big kids.