Monday, July 21, 2008

Stealing Some Self Indulgence

Well the Jeep has been on jack stands for over a month. I had to pull the diff cover as it was pretty badly dented (again) and had peeled back a bit. Life has been too crazy to do anything therapeutic. I managed to sneak in a couple hours here and there to get this done. Seems simple enough right? Well I ended up grinding about 5/8 of an inch off the bottom of my diff housing and then also off the new diff cover. This one won't dent or peel back! I also had to change an oil seal on one of the rear hubs. It really felt good to get something accomplished that I wanted to do not just the things I have to do.




3 comments:

Bastian Duo said...

Does this mean we don't need to bring a couple extra gallons of gear oil on the next trip?....Looks Great

MACYS said...

That's the general idea.

Jenn Mobbs said...

Next trip? Yeah, I like the sound of that. -Aaron